The ACI Greater Michigan Chapter, together with the ICRI Michigan Chapter, and our meeting sponsor, Barton Malow, invite you to join us on THURSDAY, November 5, 2015, for a look at the updated ACI 347 “Guide to Formed Concrete Services”. ACI Committee guides reference formed surfaces on deviation from plane but don’t provide clarity on formed surface textures. Recently, ACI 347.3R-13 “Guide to Formed Concrete Surfaces” and a new ACI 347R-14 “Guide to Formwork for Concrete” were released for publication. Our speaker, Rolf Spahr, will discuss some of the history behind these documents and a survey of the new Guide. The meeting will then be opened up for general discussion.
Please note the deviation from our normal day for this meeting, the meeting will be on THURSDAY, November 5, 2015.
Speaker: Rolf Spahr has a degree in Construction Engineering from the University of Applied Sciences in Stuttgart, Germany. Since graduating in 1978, he has worked in the formwork and shoring business both in Germany, and international (Europe, Middle-East, North Africa, North America). Rolf has the MEVA Sales Director Germany and has set up MEVA operations in the USA. He is a member of ACI Committees 347, 301 and 303, and participates in an organization for “Quality and Safety in Formwork Technology”, GSV Europe.
5:30 p.m. – Social Hour/Cocktails
6:30 p.m. – Dinner
7:30 p.m. – Speaker
Mr. Rolf Spahr
Sales Director - Germany
Meva Formwork Systems, Inc.
- Registrations received after Monday November 2, will incur a $5.00 late registration fee.
- ACI GMC members receive a discounted registration fee, and must be logged into the website to receive this discount. Not a member? Why not join now and take advantage of the reduced membership registration. Click here to fill in a simple online application then return to this page to complete your meeting reservation.
- To receive the discounted ICRI Michigan Chapter member rate, use the rate code provided in your email from ICRI.
- To receive the reduced ACI GMC Student Member registration rate, the registrant MUST be a Student Member of the ACI Greater Michigan Chapter. Student membership in the ACI Greater Michigan Chapter is free. Apply here for your free student membership.
- Cancellation Policy:
- Cancellations received by 11:59pm on Monday, November 2, 2015 will be accepted with a 100% credit of the registration rate to your ACI GMC account, available to be used for a future meeting registration. Refunds will not be given.
- Cancellations received on or after Tuesday November 3, 2015, or no-shows at the meeting, will not receive a credit or a refund.
- Unpaid cancellations received on or after Tuesday November 3, 2015 or unpaid no-shows will be invoiced and the registrant will be expected to pay the full amount of the invoice.