The ACI Greater Michigan Chapter, together with our meeting sponsor, Testing Engineers and Consultants, Inc. invite you to join us on Tuesday, February 7, 2017, for a look at State of the State's focus on transportation, transportation funding details, mega-projects, and look ahead for 2017 and beyond.
Speaker: Kirk Steudle, Director of the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) since 2006, oversees MDOOT’s over three billion dollar budget, and is responsible for the construction, maintenance, and operation of nearly 10,000 miles of state highways and more than 4,000 state highway bridges at a department with 2,500 employees. He also oversees administration of a variety of multi-modal transportation programs that range from Aviation to the Zilwaukee Bridge. Director Steudle is a national leader in the development of Connected Vehicle Technologies, and was the 2014-2015 Chair for the Intelligent Transportation Society of America (ITS America) Board of Directors. He is also a member of the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Program Advisory Committee to the US Department of Transportation. Steudle is a Past President of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) and a 2014 member of the National Research Council Government Board for the National Academy of Science. He was also the Chair of the Transportation Research Board (TRB) executive committee, and chaired the second Strategic Highway Research Program (SHRP 2) oversight committee for TRB. He is the Chair of the SHRP 2 Implementation Committee and is also a member of numerous NCHRP panels and the Asset Management Committee. Mr. Steudle is a graduate of Lawrence Technological University, where he received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Engineering and serves on the College of Engineering Advisory Board.
5:30 p.m. – Social Hour/Cocktails
6:30 p.m. – Dinner
7:30 p.m. – Speaker
Mr. Kirk T. Steudle, PE
Michigan Department of Transportation
- Registrations received after Friday February 5, will incur a $5.00 late registration fee.
- ACI GMC members receive a discounted registration fee, and must be logged into the website to receive this discount. Not a member? Why not join now and take advantage of the reduced membership registration. Click here to fill in a simple online application then return to this page to complete your meeting reservation.
- To receive the reduced ACI GMC Student Member registration rate, the registrant MUST be a Student Member of the ACI Greater Michigan Chapter. Student membership in the ACI Greater Michigan Chapter is free. Apply here for your free student membership.
- Cancellations received by 11:59pm on Monday, February 6, 2017 will be accepted with a 100% credit of the registration rate to your ACI GMC account, available to be used for a future meeting registration. Refunds will not be given.
- Cancellations received on or after Tuesday February 7, 2017, or no-shows at the meeting, will not receive a credit or a refund.
- Unpaid cancellations received on or after Tuesday February 7, 2017 or unpaid no-shows will be invoiced and the registrant will be expected to pay the full amount of the invoice.