The ACI Greater Michigan, together with our meting sponsor, American Concrete Institute, invite you to join us on Tuesday, March 7, 2017, for a look at the construction of the worlds tallest building, the 1km tall Kingdom Tower in Jeddah Saudi Arabia. Incoming ACI President, Mr. Khaled Awad, will discuss the Quality Assurance and testing scope for the Kingdom Tower project. Mr. Awad will cover the challenging Quality Control tasks in extreme weather conditions and the difficulties faced in balancing the various concrete properties, namely pumpability, durability and modulus of elasticity on this record setting project. He will also speak about his goals as the incoming ACI President.
Speaker: Khaled Awad, is the Chairman and Founder of ACTS, a material and geotechnical consulting firm based in Beirut, Lebanon, and operating in Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and several other countries of the Middle East. He is an active member of ACI, serves on Certification Programs Committee, International Advisory Committee, ACI Board Committee Chairs Committee, and the International Certification Subcommittee, of which he is a past chair, and is a Trustee of the ACI Foundation. He is a member of many ACI technical committees and received the ACI Henry L. Kennedy Award and the ACI Chapter Activities Award in 2007, and the ACI Certification Award in 2011.
Awad worked in the real estate and construction industry in the Arabian Gulf for more than 30 years. He was the Founder and CEO of various construction and real estate companies, dealing with the supply chain and information technology side of the industry, as well as the development of large-scale projects. He received his BE in civil engineering from the American University, Beirut, Lebanon, and his MA in business administration from the Lebanese University, Beirut, Lebanon. Awad is also a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) and ASTM International, and a Fellow of the UK Institute of Concrete Technology.
5:30 p.m. – Social Hour/Cocktails
6:30 p.m. – Dinner
7:30 p.m. – Speaker
Mr. Khaled Awad
Chairman and Founder and Incoming ACI President
ACTS (Beirut, Lebanon)
- Registrations received after Friday March 3, will incur a $5.00 late registration fee.
- ACI GMC members receive a discounted registration fee, and must be logged into the website to receive this discount. Not a member? Why not join now and take advantage of the reduced membership registration. Click here to fill in a simple online application then return to this page to complete your meeting reservation.
- To receive the reduced ACI GMC Student Member registration rate, the registrant MUST be a Student Member of the ACI Greater Michigan Chapter. Student membership in the ACI Greater Michigan Chapter is free. Apply here for your free student membership.
- Cancellations received by 11:59pm on Monday, March 6, 2017 will be accepted with a 100% credit of the registration rate to your ACI GMC account, available to be used for a future meeting registration. Refunds will not be given.
- Cancellations received on or after Tuesday March 7, 2017, or no-shows at the meeting, will not receive a credit or a refund.
- Unpaid cancellations received on or after Tuesday March 7, 2017 or unpaid no-shows will be invoiced and the registrant will be expected to pay the full amount of the invoice.