The ACI Greater Michigan, and our meeting sponsor, Hubbell Roth & Clark, Inc., invite you to join us on Tuesday, April 18, 2017, for some insights on how the move to connected and autonomous vehicle technologies are transforming the landscape of Transportation and the Automotive industry. How the advancement and deployment of these technologies are beneficial to society (Safety and Operations perspective). Where are we in respect to the development continuum for transportation infrastructure and vehicle technologies? What does all this mean for the future of the automotive vehicle industry, mobility services, and the future of transportation and land use infrastructure needs?
Speaker: Mark Chaput, is the newest team member for the American Center for Mobility after 30 years at Michigan DOT. Mark is a graduate of Lawrence Institute of Technology with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (Construction). Mark started his MDOT career in a construction position in MDOT’s District 9 (now the Metro Region) where he worked on a number of high profile projects including portions of Interstate I-696, widening of M-59 in Oakland County and resurfacing of I-75 in Wayne and Oakland Counties.
He held several management level positions including Manager of the Taylor Transportation Service Center (Metro Region), 8 years as the University Region Engineer and the last five years as the Deputy Director of the Bureau of Filed Service where he ran the day to day operations of Field Services function including Construction and Pavements, Maintenance and Operations, the Research Program and the MDOT ITS Program. Mark has led the advancement of MDOT’s ITS and Connected Vehicle programs that are recognized as the leader among State DOTs. Mark was the MDOT lead in coordinating the conversion of US-12 and associated activities with the American Center for Mobility.
In January 2017, Mark was designated on special assignment to the MDOT Director and is now on loan to the American Center for Mobility where he will continue to coordinate activities with MDOT and will take a lead role on the build out of the ACM Connected and Autonomous Vehicle Test Facility as the Vice President of Construction and Infrastructure Development for ACM.
5:30 p.m. – Social Hour/Cocktails
6:30 p.m. – Dinner
7:30 p.m. – Speaker
Mr. Mark Chaput
V.P. of Construction and Infrastructure Development
American Center for Mobility
- Registrations received after Friday April 14, will incur a $5.00 late registration fee.
- ACI GMC members receive a discounted registration fee, and must be logged into the website to receive this discount. Not a member? Why not join now and take advantage of the reduced membership registration. Click here to fill in a simple online application then return to this page to complete your meeting reservation.
- To receive the reduced ACI GMC Student Member registration rate, the registrant MUST be a Student Member of the ACI Greater Michigan Chapter. Student membership in the ACI Greater Michigan Chapter is free. Apply here for your free student membership.
- Cancellations received by 11:59pm on Monday, April 14, 2017 will be accepted with a 100% credit of the registration rate to your ACI GMC account, available to be used for a future meeting registration. Refunds will not be given.
- Cancellations received on or after Tuesday April 17, 2017, or no-shows at the meeting, will not receive a credit or a refund.
- Unpaid cancellations received on or after Tuesday April 17, 2017 or unpaid no-shows will be invoiced and the registrant will be expected to pay the full amount of the invoice.