The ACI Greater Michigan Chapter, together with the ICRI Michigan Chapter our meeting sponsor, Barton Malow, invite you to join us Tuesday, September 12, 2017, for a look at Sweating Slab Avoidance and Resolution. Our speaker, Rick Smith, FACI, will discuss some of the history behind such conditions and provide insight as to mitigate and resolve these issues. The meeting will then be opened up for general discussion.
Speaker: Rich Smith, FACI, has over 29 years experience in the design, construction and evaluation of high performance concrete floors and pavements. Rick started his career after graduating from Oklahoma State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management Technology as an engineering services manager for a leading polymer fiber manufacturer. During his tenure in the fiber business, Rick was in charge of multiple R&D programs at many of the top concrete research Universities and Independent Test Laboratories in the World. Rick joined Structural Services Incorporated (SSI) on June 1, 2000. In his role with SSI, Rick performs plan and specification reviews, mixture design reviews, conducts preslab meetings and floor condition surveys to evaluate his clients most important asset; the floor. Rick is considered to be an expert in the construction, maintenance and repair of industrial slabs, sweating slab syndrome, integral colored slabs, ground, dyed, and polished concrete floor systems. Mr. Smith is a member of ACI Committees 360 (Design of Slabs on Ground) and the current Chairman of ACI 302 ( Guide for Concrete Floor and Slab Construction). Rick is also a Fellow and member of the American Concrete Institute, American Concrete Pavement Association, American Society of Concrete Contractors, International Concrete Repair Institute and American Society for Testing and Materials.
5:30 p.m. – Social Hour/Cocktails
6:30 p.m. – Dinner
7:30 p.m. – Speaker
Mr. Rick Smith, FACI
President, Senior Consultant & Principal
Structural Services Incorporated
- Registrations received after Friday September 8, will incur a $5.00 late registration fee.
- ACI GMC members receive a discounted registration fee, and must be logged into the website to receive this discount. Not a member? Why not join now and take advantage of the reduced membership registration. Click here to fill in a simple online application then return to this page to complete your meeting reservation.
- To receive the reduced ACI GMC Student Member registration rate, the registrant MUST be a Student Member of the ACI Greater Michigan Chapter. Student membership in the ACI Greater Michigan Chapter is free. Apply here for your free student membership.
- Cancellations received by 11:59pm on Monday, September 11, 2017 will be accepted with a 100% credit of the registration rate to your ACI GMC account, available to be used for a future meeting registration. Refunds will not be given.
- Cancellations received on or after Tuesday September 12, 2017, or no-shows at the meeting, will not receive a credit or a refund.
- Unpaid cancellations received on or after Tuesday September 12, 2017 or unpaid no-shows will be invoiced and the registrant will be expected to pay the full amount of the invoice.