The ACI Greater Michigan Chapter, together with the Michigan Concrete Association, invite you to join us Tuesday, November 7, 2017, for a discussion regarding “The Future of Durability Based Concrete Acceptance Testing”. Data and experiences of recent testing of concrete on MDOT and other projects using the Super Air Meter (SAM) and Resistivity Meters will be presented. The meeting will then be opened for general discussion.
Speakers: Dan DeGraaf, P.E. is the Executive Director for the Michigan Concrete Association. Dan earned a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from Michigan Technological University and has been with the MCA and the Michigan Concrete Paving Association (now part of the MCA) since July of 2000. Dan has over 23 years of experience in the concrete industry with many private companies, such as the Reith-Reilly Construction Company, in addition to his time with the MCA/MCPA.
John Staton, P.E. is the Concrete Operations and Materials Engineer in the Construction Field Services Division of the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT). John earned a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from Michigan State University and has been with the MDOT since 1987. Prior to that John was a Bridge Engineer for the California Department of Transportation. John is a Registered Engineer in both California and Michigan.
Jeff Elliott, P.E. is the Vice President of Michigan Operations for TTL Associates, Inc. (TTL), a verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Toledo, Ohio, with branch offices in Plymouth, Michigan and Washington, DC. Jeff earned a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from Lawrence Technological Engineering and has been with TTL since 1993. The Michigan Society of Professional Engineers (MSPE) named Jeff its 2015 “Engineer of the Year".
5:30 p.m. – Social Hour/Cocktails
6:30 p.m. – Dinner
7:30 p.m. – Speakers
- Registrations received after Friday November 6, will incur a $5.00 late registration fee.
- ACI GMC members receive a discounted registration fee, and must be logged into the website to receive this discount. Not a member? Why not join now and take advantage of the reduced membership registration. Click here to fill in a simple online application then return to this page to complete your meeting reservation.
- To receive the reduced ACI GMC Student Member registration rate, the registrant MUST be a Student Member of the ACI Greater Michigan Chapter. Student membership in the ACI Greater Michigan Chapter is free. Apply here for your free student membership.
- Cancellations received by 11:59pm on Monday, November 3, 2017 will be accepted with a 100% credit of the registration rate to your ACI GMC account, available to be used for a future meeting registration. Refunds will not be given.
- Cancellations received on or after Tuesday November 7, 2017, or no-shows at the meeting, will not receive a credit or a refund.
- Unpaid cancellations received on or after Tuesday November 7, 2017 or unpaid no-shows will be invoiced and the registrant will be expected to pay the full amount of the invoice.