The ACI Greater Michigan Chapter, and our meeting sponsor, Decorative Concrete Resources, invite you to join us Tuesday, March 20, 2018, for a presentation on the state of Michigan’s decorative concrete industry. Despite its short pouring season, and an economy that has only recently shown signs of strength, Michigan has historically ranked high in the use of concrete colors and decorative products. Most of the projects have utilized broomed or stamped colored concrete, but that is about to change! In a search for innovation, safety and durability, new decorative applications are being realized around the country and those applications will be shared in this presentation by Todd Scharich and Chris Sullivan, both highly regarded experts in the field of decorative concrete.
Todd Scharich will be conducting a Decorative Concrete Certification class on March 26-27, 2018 at the MCA Training Center in Lansing, MI. Spots are still open! Register on line at www.miconcrete.org
Speakers: Todd Scharich, is the Decorative Concrete Technical Director for the American Society of Concrete Contractors, and known locally as a co-owner of Decorative Concrete Resources. Now residing in South Carolina, he operates the ASCC Decorative Concrete Hotline taking troubleshooting calls from around the world daily. He has published articles in Concrete International, Concrete Construction, Concrete Décor and Concrete Contractor. Todd has spoken at World of Concrete since 2004 and sits on the WOC Speaker Advisory Board.
Chris Sullivan is the Vice President of Sales and Marketing for ChemSystems Inc., and is considered an expert in troubleshooting and problem solving within the decorative concrete industry. Based out of Colorado, Chris has written over 200 articles on the different aspects of Architectural Concrete for various magazines including Concrete Expressions, Concrete Décor, and Concrete Products and is a technical expert working with www.concretenetwork.com. Chris has been a presenter at World of Concrete since 2003. He received his B.S. in Chemistry from the University of Pittsburg, is the newly elected Board President of the Decorative Concrete Council, which is part of the American Society of Concrete Contractors.
5:30 p.m. – Social Hour/Cocktails
6:30 p.m. – Dinner
7:30 p.m. – Speakers
Mr. Todd Scharich
American Society of Concrete Contractors
Mr. Chris Sullivan
- One hour of continuing education credit is available for attending this meeting. Certificates will be available at the end of the meeting. This one hour program satisfies most professional continuing education requirements. Check with your state for your own particular education requirements and credit given for attending this meeting.
- Registrations received after Thursday March 15, will incur a $10.00 late registration fee.
- ACI GMC members receive a discounted registration fee, and must be logged into the website to receive this discount. Not a member? Why not join now and take advantage of the reduced membership registration. Click here to fill in a simple online application then return to this page to complete your meeting reservation.
- To receive the reduced ACI GMC Student Member registration rate, the registrant MUST be a Student Member of the ACI Greater Michigan Chapter. Student membership in the ACI Greater Michigan Chapter is free. Apply here for your free student membership.
- Cancellations received by 11:59pm on Monday, March 19, 2018 will be accepted with a 100% credit of the registration rate to your ACI GMC account, available to be used for a future meeting registration. Refunds will not be given.
- Cancellations received on or after Tuesday March 20, 2018, or no-shows at the meeting, will not receive a credit or a refund.
- Unpaid cancellations received on or after Tuesday March 20, 2018 or unpaid no-shows will be invoiced and the registrant will be expected to pay the full amount of the invoice.