The ACI Greater Michigan Chapter, together with the ICRI Michigan Chapter, and our meeting sponsor, Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. (WJE), invite you to join us Tuesday, May 1, 2018, for a presentation on the repair and modification of post-tensioned concrete structures. Following a brief introduction to PT concrete structures, our speakers, Tracy Naso and Andrew Lobbestael, will discuss repairs to PT structures, modifying existing PT structures, and addressing issues with PT on new construction. The meeting will then be opened up for general discussion.
Tracy Naso, is a licensed Structural Engineer in Illinois and Professional Engineer in Wisconsin, with more than 13 years of experience working with existing structures. She specializes in the investigation and repair of reinforced concrete structures, including conventional, post-tensioned, prestressed, and antiquated systems. Her experience includes a wide variety of structures, including tunnels, parking structures, plazas, stadiums, pools, and high-rise towers. She is experienced with available methods of nondestructive testing and sampling to establish properties of existing structures and has developed expertise in the selection of strengthening, repair, and waterproofing methods and materials. She is the current chair of PTI’s technical committee DC-80: Repair, Rehabilitation, and Strengthening Committee, and is a voting member of PTI CRT-100: Field Personnel Certification Committee.
Andrew Lobbestael, is a licensed Professional Engineer with more than 9 years of experience investigating, evaluating and analyzing concrete structures. He has been involved with repair projects on numerous local post-tensioned concrete structures. He serves on the Board of Directors of the Michigan Chapter of the International Concrete Repair Institute (ICRI) and is the current chapter President. He is also experienced with the GPR non-destructive evaluation technique.
5:30 p.m. – Social Hour/Cocktails
6:30 p.m. – Dinner
7:30 p.m. – Speakers
Ms. Tracy Naso & Mr. Andrew Lobbestael
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
- One hour of continuing education credit is available for attending this meeting. Certificates will be available at the end of the meeting. This one hour program satisfies most professional continuing education requirements. Check with your state for your own particular education requirements and credit given for attending this meeting.
- Registrations received after Thursday April 26, will incur a $10.00 late registration fee.
- ACI GMC members receive a discounted registration fee, and must be logged into the website to receive this discount. Not a member? Why not join now and take advantage of the reduced membership registration. Click here to fill in a simple online application then return to this page to complete your meeting reservation.
- To receive the reduced ACI GMC Student Member registration rate, the registrant MUST be a Student Member of the ACI Greater Michigan Chapter. Student membership in the ACI Greater Michigan Chapter is free. Apply here for your free student membership.
- Cancellations received by 11:59pm on Thursday, April 26, 2018 will be accepted with a 100% credit of the registration rate to your ACI GMC account, available to be used for a future meeting registration. Refunds will not be given.
- Cancellations received on or after Friday April 27, 2018, or no-shows at the meeting, will not receive a credit or a refund.
- Unpaid cancellations received on or after Friday April 27, 2018 or unpaid no-shows will be invoiced and the registrant will be expected to pay the full amount of the invoice.