The ACI Greater Michigan Chapter and our meeting sponsor, Euclid Chemical, invite you to join us Tuesday, October 9th, 2018, for a look at the use of Freeze Resistant Concrete. Our speaker, Warren McPherson, will discuss some projects that have utilized freeze resistant concrete and the process that goes into using it.
Speaker: Warren McPherson, has been involved in the design, manufacture, and finishing of concrete for over 40 years. Warren is a Fellow of ACI. Past President of the Greater MI Chapter of ACI, he was the Publicity Chairman when the ACI Convention was hosted in Detroit. Warren is a votingmember of ACI 302, 211, 332, and C640, and an associate member of 237. He received a BS in Mathematics with a minor in Chemistry, from Southeast MO State University. Warren was instrumental in forming the Arkansas Chapter of ACI in 1985, and has been an instructor/examiner for ACI’s Flatwork Certification Program since 1990. He was the recipient of the Arthur A. Moy Award, in 2001, ‘for outstanding service in the field of concrete technology’. Warren is published in both Concrete Construction Magazine and Concrete International. Most recently, his article ‘Challenge of Design and Constructibility’ was featured in the October 2012 issue. Upon retiring from Euclid Chemical in 2017, founded Performance Concrete Design, LLC to continue supporting the concrete industry.
5:30 p.m. – Social Hour/Cocktails
6:30 p.m. – Dinner
7:30 p.m. – Speaker
Mr. Warren McPherson, FACI
Performance Concrete Design, LLC
- One hour of continuing education credit is available for attending this meeting. Certificates will be available at the end of the meeting. This one hour program satisfies most professional continuing education requirements. Check with your state for your own particular education requirements and credit given for attending this meeting.
- Registrations received after Thursday October 4, will incur a $10.00 late registration fee.
- ACI GMC members receive a discounted registration fee, and must be logged into the website to receive this discount. Not a member? Why not join now and take advantage of the reduced membership registration. Click here to fill in a simple online application then return to this page to complete your meeting reservation.
- To receive the reduced ACI GMC Student Member registration rate, the registrant MUST be a Student Member of the ACI Greater Michigan Chapter. Student membership in the ACI Greater Michigan Chapter is free. Apply here for your free student membership.
- Cancellations received by 11:59pm on Monday, October 8, 2018 will be accepted with a 100% credit of the registration rate to your ACI GMC account, available to be used for a future meeting registration. Refunds will not be given.
- Cancellations received on or after Tuesday October 9, 2018, or no-shows at the meeting, will not receive a credit or a refund.
- Unpaid cancellations received on or after October 9, 2018 or unpaid no-shows will be invoiced and the registrant will be expected to pay the full amount of the invoice.