The ACI Greater Michigan Chapter, and our meeting sponsor, Euclid Chemical, invite you to join us Tuesday, April 2, 2019, for a look at how the use of Fiber Reinforced Concrete continues to evolve and become more common place in everyday concrete construction. Learn how the new ACI 544.4R document can help ready-mix producers, engineers and contractors by providing a roadmap to designing FRC for many applications including floors, precast, shotcrete and paving applications. An update will also be provided on other CODE approvals such as UL fire classification for composite deck designs, various DOT initiatives for paving with FRC and the improvements in ASTM and other test methods to verify correct fiber selection and quantities in concrete.
Speaker: Michael A. Mahoney, P.Eng, FACI
Michael Mahoney is a Professional Engineer and the Director of Marketing and Technology, Fiber Reinforced Concrete for the Euclid Chemical Company in Cleveland, Ohio.
Mr. Mahoney is a Fellow and member of the American Concrete Institute and serves on committees for the National Pre-Cast Concrete Association and American Society for Testing and Materials. He previously served as chairman for ACI subcommittee 544A on the Production and Applications of Fiber Reinforced Concrete and is also a board member and past president of the Fiber Reinforced Concrete Association.
In 1997, he obtained his Master’s degree in Civil Engineering from the Technical University of Nova Scotia, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada where he helped to develop and patent an innovative synthetic fiber for concrete reinforcement. He has also been involved with pervious concrete projects, structural health monitoring of bridges using non-destructive testing methods and has performed material characterization and testing of concrete and shotcrete mixtures.
Mr. Mahoney has co-authored several papers on the subjects of FRC, shotcrete, carbon footprint of fiber materials and innovative bridge systems and currently directs research and marketing projects while educating engineers and contractors on the use of FRC.
5:30 p.m. – Social Hour/Cocktails
6:30 p.m. – Dinner
7:30 p.m. – Speaker
Michael A. Mahoney, P.Eng, FACI
Director of Marketing and Technology
Euclid Chemical Company
- One hour of continuing education credit is available for attending this meeting. Certificates will be available at the end of the meeting. This one hour program satisfies most professional continuing education requirements. Check with your state for your own particular education requirements and credit given for attending this meeting.
- Registrations received after Thursday March 28th, will incur a $10.00 late registration fee.
- ACI GMC members receive a discounted registration fee, and must be logged into the website to receive this discount. Not a member? Why not join now and take advantage of the reduced membership registration. Click here to fill in a simple online application then return to this page to complete your meeting reservation.
- To receive the reduced ACI GMC Student Member registration rate, the registrant MUST be a Student Member of the ACI Greater Michigan Chapter. Student membership in the ACI Greater Michigan Chapter is free. Apply here for your free student membership.
- Cancellations received by 11:59pm on Monday, April 1, 2019 will be accepted with a 100% credit of the registration rate to your ACI GMC account, available to be used for a future meeting registration. Refunds will not be given.
- Cancellations received on or after Tuesday April 2, 2019, or no-shows at the meeting, will not receive a credit or a refund.
- Unpaid cancellations received on or after April 2, 2018 or unpaid no-shows will be invoiced and the registrant will be expected to pay the full amount of the invoice.