The ACI Greater Michigan Chapter, and our meeting sponsors, invite you to join us Tuesday, October 8, 2019, for a project highlight of the new Gordie Howe International Bridge with a student focused social hour.
STUDENT APPRECIATION NIGHT & SOCIAL HOUR (5:30 PM):
Students from local universities will be on site to display and share with you information on their current concrete research. This is a great opportunity to meet students from some of our outstanding Michigan universities who are working to advance knowledge and innovation in the concrete industry. They are our future ACI GMC Members and leaders!
MEETING PRESENTATION (7:30 PM):
The Gordie Howe International Bridge project is a once-in-a-generation infrastructure project which will bring much-needed improvements to the movement of goods and people across the Windsor-Detroit trade corridor. Join Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority to learn more about the design and construction approach to the bridge, two state-of-the-art ports of entry and Michigan Interchange connection.
Speakers: Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority (WDBA)
Stephanie Campeau, Director, Stakeholder Relations, Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority
Ms. Campeau is the Director of Stakeholder Relations at WDBA, with more than 20 years of experience as a professional communicator. Since 2015, Stephanie has led the development and implementation of a comprehensive engagement strategy for WDBA in Canada and the United States. Prior to joining WDBA, Stephanie worked in a variety of sectors including post-secondary, automotive and utility. She holds a BA Honours degree in Communication Studies from the University of Windsor.
Leslie Martin, Vice President, Engineering and Operations, Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority
Mr. Martin, P.Eng, PMP is a Civil Engineer with 32 years of experience managing a wide range of projects related to planning, design and construction of transportation facilities. His experience includes project management, environmental assessments, design and construction administration for all modes of transportation including highways, bridges, rail, transit, municipal roads and airports. Leslie has considerable experience in P3 projects both from the Owners’ and Concessionaire perspective, across North America. This includes the Union-Pearson Express Rail Link; Ottawa LRT, Terminal 3 Development, I-595 in Fort Lauderdale, Calgary and Edmonton Ring Roads.
5:30 p.m. – Social Hour/Cocktails/Student Spotlight
6:30 p.m. – Dinner
7:30 p.m. – Speaker Presentation
- One hour of continuing education credit is available for attending this meeting. Certificates will be available at the end of the meeting. This one hour program satisfies most professional continuing education requirements. Check with your state for your own particular education requirements and credit given for attending this meeting.
- Registrations received after Thursday October 8th, will incur a $10.00 late registration fee.
- ACI GMC members receive a discounted registration fee, and must be logged into the website to receive this discount. Not a member? Why not join now and take advantage of the reduced membership registration. Click here to fill in a simple online application then return to this page to complete your meeting reservation.
- To receive the reduced ACI GMC Student Member registration rate, the registrant MUST be a Student Member of the ACI Greater Michigan Chapter. Student membership in the ACI Greater Michigan Chapter is free. Apply here for your free student membership.
- Cancellations received by 11:59pm on Monday, October 7, 2019 will be accepted with a 100% credit of the registration rate to your ACI GMC account, available to be used for a future meeting registration. Refunds will not be given.
- Cancellations received on or after Tuesday October 8, 2019, or no-shows at the meeting, will not receive a credit or a refund.
- Unpaid cancellations received on or after October 8, 2018 or unpaid no-shows will be invoiced and the registrant will be expected to pay the full amount of the invoice.