The ACI Greater Michigan Chapter Michigan Chapter and our meeting sponsor, Intertek – PSI, invite you to join us on Tuesday, March 10, 2020, for a Mass Concrete Temperature Discussion meeting.
There are varying levels of prescriptive and performance measures in mass concrete specifications throughout the country. This presentation will look in-depth at the various levels of performance options for mass concrete temperature limits, discuss concerns specifiers often have with performance measures, and present examples of justification of performance measures as well as limitations and pitfalls.
Speaker: Mr. Jon Feld, P.E. – MJ2 Consulting, Associate Principal
Mr. Feld began his career at CTLGroup and worked there for 10 years. He started as an Associate I and worked his way to Principal in that timeframe. During his tenure at CTLGroup, Mr. Feld held various responsibilities, including 2 years as the supervisor of the mass concrete practice and managing engineer for CTLGroup in several various jurisdictions.
Mr. Feld has worked with contractors, owners, engineers and others on mass concrete issues on approximately 600 projects encompassing thousands of mass concrete placements throughout the world. He works with clients to reduce the cost of construction, improve concrete mixtures, understand and work within project specifications or change specifications, and develop project-specific thermal control plans, based on site conditions and specialized modeling.
Mr. Feld is well-versed in all aspects of solving mass concrete issues, including use of cooling pipes, finding ways to avoid cooling pipes when their use is not practical, assessing the adiabatic temperature rise of different cementitious materials, and development of performance-based temperature difference limits (PBTDLs).
Mr. Feld is routinely invited to give presentations to various audiences, both for public events and for private clients. Mr. Feld has also published several articles on the topic of mass concrete, including for an ACI Special Publication. Mr. Feld is also an associate member of ACI 207 “Mass and Thermally Controlled Concrete”
5:30 p.m. – Social Hour & Open Bar (Beer & Wine)
6:30 p.m. – Dinner
7:15 p.m. – Speaker Presentation
- One hour of continuing education credit is available for attending this meeting. Certificates will be available at the end of the meeting. This one hour program satisfies most professional continuing education requirements. Check with your state for your own particular education requirements and credit given for attending this meeting.
- Registrations received after Thursday March 5, 2020 will incur a $10.00 late registration fee.
- ACI GMC members receive a discounted registration fee, and must be logged into the website to receive this discount. Not a member? Why not join now and take advantage of the reduced membership registration. Click here to fill in a simple online application then return to this page to complete your meeting reservation.
- To receive the reduced ACI GMC Student Member registration rate, the registrant MUST be a Student Member of the ACI Greater Michigan Chapter. Student membership in the ACI Greater Michigan Chapter is free. Apply here for your free student membership.
- Cancellations received by 11:59pm on Monday, March 9, 2020 will be accepted with a 100% credit of the registration rate to your ACI GMC account, available to be used for a future meeting registration. Refunds will not be given.
- Cancellations received on or after Tuesday March 10, 2020 or no-shows at the meeting, will not receive a credit or a refund.
- Unpaid cancellations received on or after Tuesday March 10, 2020 or unpaid no-shows will be invoiced and the registrant will be expected to pay the full amount of the invoice.